Modacarta was in New York this past weekend for a shopping and culture break. The posts did not continue live from New York because of crashing into bed as soon as I returned to the hotel after dinner. Blog breaks could not be accommodated in this jam packed itinerary.
Here is my shopping list and how I faired:
- 7th Avenue Junk Jewellery – I didn’t get to 7th avenue but scored this fab African inspired bracelet and this adorable, simple cat ring. Total $15.
- Dark Green Blazer – Green is definitely a top colour for Fall but it didn’t come in any blazers. Bloomingdales had a great display of mannequins in shades of green clothes but not one was wearing a blazer. The search continues…
- Boho Dress – Zara had it! Direct trend from the FW2015 runways and a steal at $70.
- Century 21 – Do not go to this store at mid-day! It was such a gong show but the deals are always worth the line-ups!
- Frye Boots – Problematic.
- Burgandy is also a hot colour for fall so I splurged on this fabulous Longchamp bag. Waterproof, foldable, lighweight and roomy with French style. Love it!
Could not resist the opportunity to take the modacarta doll on the road and snap some touristy shots. Here’s the results of the photoshoot at Rockefeller Center. Evidence below that I can take crappy, touristy shots if I try. Hailing a cab is the quintessential New York moment that I had to capture.
Whitney Museum of American Art – Lori Tonizzo
Zara Dress – Zara website
All other photos by Lori Tonizzo