A Formula 1 driver needs a team behind him to win races. A fashionista also needs a team a highly skilled professionals to look tailored, extend clothing life and protect vintage possessions. This team is made up of a cobbler and a seamstress.
What he can do for your shoe wardrobe:
- Resole or re-heel – especially important for vintage shoes
- Stretch for comfort and fit
- Add non-slip bottoms for safety
- Make skinny calf boots into wide calf boots
- Re-colour or dye the leather to hide ware
Repair leather handbags, jackets or belts. Recondition leather that is dry.
What she can do for your wardrobe:
- Adjust the length of sleeves or pants
- Take in or let out garments
- Mend rips or stitching that has come undone
- Restyle old garments, example removing sleeves on a jacket to create a vest.
If she can knit, she may be able to mend sweaters or other knitwear.
Coming up soon hand washing vs. dry cleaning. All you need to know.